Get a Competitive Edge - Source Unique Products from India!
Join India Sourcing Trip - a Learning + Sourcing + Cultural guided tour to India
NEXT TRIP: March 13 – 20, 2023
Location: Delhi, India
If you’re a global brand, retailer, importer, wholesaler or Amazon / ecommerce seller who wants to find unique and differentiated products to sell to your customers, India Sourcing Trip is for you.
Whether you’re retailing online or offline, selling me-too products sourced from the same factories everyone else is buying them from is invariably going to end in a price war to the bottom. This is why differentiating your products is critical.
If you’re concerned about the recent instability in the global supply chain, and want to diversify your sourcing risk, India Sourcing Trip is for you.
If you’re currently sourcing from distributors in your country, and want to cut costs by going factory-direct, India Sourcing Trip is for you.
Source Unique, High Quality Products from India
Watch this video to see highlights from the previous Trip
A First-of-its-Kind Sourcing Experience
You simply cannot get this kind of value and instant results such as these when you source online. You can either take a few years and potentially expensive mistakes to learn it all by yourself.
Or you can be guided by industry experts who’ve been in the trenches for tens of years, and you can learn from the mistakes they’ve made.
Here are some benefits of attending India Sourcing Trip:
- Increase profitability by sourcing innovative products other brands & ecommerce sellers don’t have access to
- Let top coaches help you find the best products and suppliers
- Speed up your sourcing by shortlisting hundreds of products at the fair
- Find new suppliers for existing products you source from China to diversify sourcing risk
- Learn all about sourcing from India – the pitfalls to avoid, supplier verification and vetting, negotiating, logistics, quality control, payment terms, and much more
- Know which products can be sourced from India, and where the production hubs are
- Understand the differences between India and China sourcing
- Meet and network with suppliers and sourcing service providers
- Get up-to-date strategies for product selection, branding, ecommerce, Amazon FBA and marketing from coaches from the US and Australia traveling with the group
- Visit factories to see first-hand how products are made
- Immerse in India’s rich culture and history – watch and participate in an entertaining dance show, and visit the iconic Taj Mahal
- Share experiences with other like-minded brand builders in the group, learn from each other and make lifelong friendships
Watch a live webinar where we answer questions about India Sourcing Trip October 2022
Optional Factory Tours in Metal-City Moradabad
After India Sourcing Trip, join us for an optional trip to Moradabad to visit factories of metal and wooden home products and gifts.
We will depart early morning on Oct 19th, and travel to Moradabad by road, which will take us about 4 hours.
We will visit 4-5 well-established, export-focused factories in the city. You will be able to see hundreds of products in suppliers’ showrooms, have discussions with factory owners, and see how products are made.
What’s special about Moradabad?
Known as the “Brass City”, Moradabad is an industrial city that is well-known for the production and exports of metal and wooden handicraft products. The city is home to thousands of artisans who have been practicing metalwork for generations.
Its handicrafts industry accounts for more than 40% of total handicraft exports from India.
Most of the metal and wood India-made products sold on Amazon and via other retail channels are sourced from Moradabad.
Top retailers and brands from around the world have been importing products from the city for many years.
Moradabad Trip dates:
- Oct 19 – 21, 2022
Moradabad Trip fees:
- Single occupancy in hotel room – US$870 per person
- Double occupancy in hotel room – US$770 per person
- Oct 19 morning – Departure from Delhi to Moradabad by road
- Oct 19 afternoon – Lunch and factory visits
- Oct 20 all day – Factory visits
- Oct 21 morning – Departure from Moradabad to Delhi Airport for departing flight
You can register for the Moradabad trip while you are registering for India Sourcing Trip.
Why Attendees Love India Sourcing Trip
Accelerate your Start, Leapfrog your Competition - Get a Crash Course on India
When you attend India Sourcing Trip, you will be able to leapfrog your competition and get a headstart on sourcing from India.
Whether you are just starting your eCommerce journey, or are an experienced seller looking to diversify your sourcing, you will find tremendous value in attending the trip.
India Sourcing Trip is designed to provide Amazon and eCommerce sellers like you with the information, knowledge, connections and products you need to build a profitable eCommerce business sourcing from India.
You will be equipped with insider tips and proven strategies that other ecommerce sellers do not have access to.
Our hand-picked ecommerce and sourcing coaches have tens of years’ of experience, and they will teach you all about product selection & validation. You’ll also hear from other brand builders who have successfully built businesses with made-in-India products.
You will learn:
- Which products to source in India and from where
- Managing suppliers
- Pitfalls to avoid
- The latest logistics and shipping updates
- Cultural differences
- How to find profitable niches
- Building a long-term sustainable and profitable Private Label brand
- Walking the show floor efficiently
- Capturing product and supplier information in an organized way
- And much more
Source Unique Products not Accessible to Other Sellers
Build a Sustainable Ecommerce Business
Find unique and innovative products and meet with thousands of India suppliers face-to-face.
Save sourcing time by shortlisting hundreds of potential products that you can validate and order after the fair.
Get better terms and faster responses from suppliers after the fair as you portray yourself as a serious buyer by meeting them in person.
The Fair We Attend
The Indian Handicrafts & Gifts Fair (also known as the Delhi Fair) is among Asia’s largest gifts & handicrafts fairs, held twice a year since 1994 and is organized by the Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts.
The Delhi Fair is the most important export exhibition in India, and a must-visit for anyone sourcing products from the country.
All exhibitors are export-focused and the products on display are in line with design preferences of consumers in the US and Europe, the two key markets for Indian exporters.
Products You Can Source at the Fair
The Delhi Fair has product categories ranging from home decor, furnishings to
gifts and fashion:
- Houseware, tableware, kitchenware & hotelware
- Bathroom accessories
- Lawn, garden ornaments & accessories
- Lamps, lighting & accessorie
- Furniture & accessories
- Home furnishings & made-ups
- Carpets, rugs & floorings
- Bags, luggage & leather goods
- Christmas & festive decor
- Candles, incense sticks, potpourri and aroma
- Decorative gifts (including corporate gifts)
- Cane, bamboo fiber, natural & eco-friendly products
- Stationery and paper including handmade paper
- Fashion jewelry, bags, scarves & accessories
What Attendees Say About India Sourcing Trip
Visit Taj Mahal, a Bucket List Destination
Experience Indian Culture
You will be immersed in India’s rich culture, experience and participate in a vibrant and high energy dance show during Bollywood Night performed exclusively for our group.
One of the Seven Wonders of the World, Taj Mahal is a monument of love that Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan built as a testimony of his intense love for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
Stay in a 5-Star Hotel; Enjoy Amazing Food & Free-Flowing Alcoholic Beverages
We will stay in The Lalit – a renowned 5-star hotel in downtown Delhi.
All meals are provided in top notch high quality Indian and Western restaurants. The cuisine for each meal is chosen carefully to ensure there’s a good mix of Western and Indian food choices.
Enjoy free-flowing alcoholic beverages on most evenings! 🥂 Relax, unwind and network at ease after a long day of finding products and meeting suppliers.
Meet your Coaches
Experts traveling with the group are industry-leading sourcing and ecommerce professionals, and experienced brand builders who have been hand-picked for their experience and expertise.
Meghla Bhardwaj, Co-Founder, India Sourcing Network
Meghla has over 20 years of experience in the Asia sourcing industry. She has visited hundreds of factories and tens of trade shows in India and China and has a deep understanding of manufacturing and sourcing processes.
Meghla is passionate about helping global Amazon and eCommerce sellers discover unique products to source from India. She has been interviewed on over a hundred podcasts and webinars about the benefits of importing made-in-india products.
She also runs The Asian Seller, a community for eCommerce sellers in Asia to help them start and grow their businesses.
Margaret Jolly, Co-Founder, India Sourcing Network
Margaret is a successful and experienced Amazon seller, giving her first-hand knowledge of the daily challenges faced by online sellers.
Together with her partner, Kevin, she has been actively buying products from India for over four years. She is also a coach on India Sourcing Trip and offers one-on-one coaching to other sellers.
Travelling to India to visit factories has allowed Margaret to appreciate how suppliers work and what products they specialize in. She has also visited trade fairs in Vietnam, Hong Kong and Mainland China.
After years of owning and managing many different businesses, Margaret became a mentor to small businesses and more recently, ecommerce sellers.
Kevin Oldham, Co-Founder, India Sourcing Network
Kevin is an accomplished entrepreneur having run multiple businesses in Europe and Australia over the course of his career – ranging from aircraft maintenance to overhaul projects and contracts.
Together with his partner, Margaret, Kevin started his ecommerce journey over 5 years ago. After having sourced from multiple countries including South Korea, Vietnam and China, they now buy their products exclusively from India.
As Co-Founder of India Sourcing Network, Kevin spends a lot of time vetting and dealing with Indian suppliers to assist importers find and source from experienced export manufacturers. He also focuses on defining the overall strategy and direction of the Network.
Chris has been selling his own products and has been heavily involved in online retail since 2001. In 2005 he switched careers and became the General Manager of a Melbourne based Search Marketing company.
In 2013 he launched a successful Kickstarter project raising over $110,000 USD for a new product idea he’d developed.
Soon after, he moved to Hong Kong with his family and ran his ecommerce business as a ‘location independent’ entrepreneur. He launched his products on Amazon in March 2015 and they quickly took off once he’d figured out how Amazon’s search engine worked.
He has also bought and sold multiple Amazon FBA businesses over the last few years.
He now helps other companies launch their products and grow their brands on the world’s most popular ecommerce platform, in multiple countries where Amazon has a presence.
Chris was a Coach on the inaugural India Sourcing Trip.
Tim is the CEO/Founder Private Label Legion.
He started ecommerce unintentionally and quickly built a 7-figure business within less than a year.
Tim brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience in finding profitable niches to sell on and off of Amazon, and sourcing efficiently.
He teaches unique ways to do product research on and off Amazon.
Tim sources products for his own brands from India.
With close to 30 years’ experience sourcing in India, Gunjan is a powerhouse of knowledge and information. Over the course of her career, she has sourced for brands such as Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Woolworth, Country Road, Kappa, Helly Hansen, Nordstrom, G3, Armani Exchange, DKNY, Mexx, Gymboree, Oshkosh, Levi’s, Ecko, Truworth.
Her specialties are: Product development, negotiation, vendor management, supply chain management, P&L management and control. She runs her own sourcing agency for big brands.
Gunjan has recently starting to cater to ecommerce sellers with her agency SabSource.
Kumud has experience of over 20 years in sourcing hard-goods and handicrafts. She has expertise in making products “friendly for production” and “cost effective” which is beneficial for both suppliers and buyers.
Kumud specialises in selecting the right supplier, price negotiations, quality approvals, order follow-ups, vendor development & management.
She has sourced for buyers from major US and European brands such as H&M, Pottery Barn, Rejuvination, Westelm, Pier1 Imports, among others.
Hanoz is Co-Founder at SabSource, a sourcing agency that caters to the needs of ecommerce sellers.
He has over 15 years of work experience across BPO, services, RIMS management sector and sourcing.
He has catered to customers in the US, Australia, Middle-East and India.
Hanoz has a keen eye for process gaps and process re-designing.
Rajat is Business Partner at Panoramic Sourcing India – a fashion accessories sourcing company.
He has 15 years’ of experience in sourcing, order management, sampling, vendor management and import documentation.
He is skilled in implementing cost reduction measures to achieve savings in terms of material procurement & in-house processing.
Global brands he has sourced for include Tom Tailor, Abercrombie & Fitch, Roots Canada, Aritizia, Prana, Drykorn, Celio.
Josh started traveling to India 6 years ago as a buying agent. About 4 years ago, he moved into the sourcing role, and currently spends the majority of his time based in North India.
He sources for small to medium enterprises, and is currently working with buyers for some of mass-market retailers in the US. He sources a range of products including home decor (kitchen items, ceramics, utensils), home furnishings (rugs, poufs, cushions), metal, leather, jute and canvas among others.
Josh is originally from Minnesota, USA and graduated with BS in Engineering.
Aaron is originally from Arkansas and has been working in the Indian sourcing industry since 2014.
In 2018, he began his ecommerce journey with just $2,000, and grew the company to $105,000 in the first 9 months and is on pace to grow 2.5x in 2019.
Aaron now mainly focuses on a new startup called E-Commerce Wala, an Indian-based Amazon brand accelerator.
They help brands get exposure and sales on Amazon, and provides off-shoot services like photography, content writing, PPC, etc.
Sameeksha is the Founder & President at Seair.
With Seair, the vision is to simplify the logistics experience and boost it with technology.
Manik is the Founder & Director of Seair Global, a logistics service provider that caters to the needs of Amazon FBA sellers (apart from other types of importers).
He has over 10 years of experience in the shipping industry both by air and sea.
Manik is a Licensed Customs Broker and has IATA Air Cargo Dangerous Goods Category 3 Training
At India Sourcing Trip, Manik will explain the ins and outs of logistics when sourcing from India.
Ajit is Business Partner of Panoramic Sourcing. He has 20+ years of experience in sourcing, costing production planning, factory compliance and product compliance.
He is skilled in getting customers’ requirements realised at factories. Global brands he has worked for in his career are Superdry, PLT, Next, River island, Animal, Brakeburn, Baublebar, TJX, Ross, Roots, Aritzia, Prana, Celio, Drykorn, Tom Tailor, IKEA and more.
With over 25 years of experience, Umesh Bharti does hard & soft goods
quality inspection , and sourcing hard goods through buying house as well as overseas buyers.
He looks after inspections happening at various stages such as:
1. Inline- Inspection: During the initial production and raw material, he along with his team check over the quality of raw material.
2. Mid line – Inspection: Once the finished products start coming
at the packing floor area; drop test is conducted along with checking the box and carton quality etc.
What Do You Get - A LOT of Value!
We want YOU to focus on learning, networking, masterminding and finding profitable products, so you can build your million-dollar eCommerce empire!
This is why WE take care of ALL aspects of the sourcing trip for you.
All you need to do is show up at the Delhi airport!
The price you pay includes almost everything from the time you step out of the Delhi airport, including:
- A LOT of learning – Sourcing from India best practices, and strategies. This information is NOT available anywhere else!
- Live pre-trip webinars – How to select & validate products, ecommerce & Amazon FBA advice, how to walk the show floor like a pro, what to ask suppliers, how to ensure a supplier is right for you, how to vet exhibitors
- Live post-trip webinars for help with placing orders and negotiating with suppliers
- Help with flight booking, visa application, packing list, cultural differences and more
- Guided tour of the fair – How to find “Amazonable” products, what questions to ask suppliers, how to gather info
- Evening mastermind sessions with coaches to help validate your products
- 8 days of access to leading ecommerce and Amazon experts, experienced sourcing professionals, and other brand builders who are successfully sourcing from India
- Connections to vetted service providers in India so you can start placing orders immediately
- All transportation – To and from the airport, to and from the exhibition venue, to restaurants for meals
- SIM cards with data to ensure you’re always connected with your loved ones at home
- Hotel stay in business rooms in a 5-star hotel
- All meals – Breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days plus alcoholic beverages on a few days
- Cultural program – A memorable dance and music show
- Factory visit in Delhi
- Trip to Taj Mahal – one of the seven wonders of the world
- Sponsorship of an underprivileged child in India
- Lifelong friendships with co-attendees and coaches
- Tons of networking, fun and an unforgettable experience!
Info-Packed Agenda and Balanced Itinerary
India Sourcing Trip begins with pre-trip live webinars, followed by an intense learning-focused agenda during the trip, a carefully-planned balanced itinerary to ensure you have plenty of time to source, network and experience India’s culture as well.
▸ Wednesday, Oct 12 – Arrival day. Optional Delhi sightseeing tour. The Trip officially begins with Welcome drinks & dinner
▸ Thursday, Oct 13 – Full day India Sourcing Conference; networking drinks & dinner
▸ Friday, Oct 14 – Guided tour at Trade Show; Mastermind with coaches in the evening; networking drinks & dinner
▸ Monday, Oct 17 – Morning free & shopping; Factory tour; Bollywood Night with free-flowing drinks
▸ Tuesday, Oct 18 – Day trip to Taj Mahal, Agra; Farewell drinks & dinner
▸ Post-Trip webinars
Option 1: Single occupancy in hotel room (one person per room): US$5,500 per person, paid in 2 installments
Option 2: Double occupancy in hotel room (two people per room): US$5,000 per person, paid in 2 installments
We can pair you with another attendee, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which attendee you want to share a room with.
- If you are unable to attend the October 2022 Trip OR if the Trip is canceled by the organizer, your payment will be carried forward to the next Trip in March / April 2023. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AT THIS POINT
- If you are unable to attend even the March / April 2023 Trip, OR if even that Trip is canceled by the organizer, you WILL GET A FULL REFUND at that time.
Sponsor a Child - Give Hope for a Brighter Future 🙂
India Sourcing Trip is Opening up New Opportunities
What new opportunity will you find – hear from Trip Founder, Meghla Bhardwaj
Join our India Sourcing Amazon FBA Private Label Facebook Group